Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015 Reading Goals

Happy New Year, y'all!

I had a ton of reading goals for 2014, and I didn't do a fabulous job of achieving them.  I managed to reach my 150 book goal (plus two!) and overall I read some pretty diverse things across the board, from manga and graphic novels to poetry to fiction and classics; however, I did a piss-poor job of writing reviews, diversifying authors in terms of ethnicity, re-reading books (except for Harry Potter), and reading books that have been on my shelf the longest.  There are also a few books on Goodreads that are listed under my "Read" books that shouldn't be there, so that needs to get handled ASAP.

So what are my reading goals for 2015?  A few of them have stayed the same:

1. Re-read Books
2. Diversify authors in terms of ehtnicity
3. Read any books you may have claimed as "Read" on Goodreads but haven't actually read, or any books you are embarrassed at having never read
4. Keep a notebook
5. Review all books on the blog
              and 
6. Be active on your YouTube channel

That last one there was a TOTAL bust last year.  At the beginning of 2014, I made my first video on my YouTube Channel 'The Jess du Jour': a bookshelf tour.  I was SO excited to finally be joining what I wanted to be active in for over a year (since around late 2012/early 2013).  Then I never made another video.  Awesome.  Way to go.

This is something I definitely want to change this year.  Life does manage to get in the way, but even if I have to film on my phone as I'm at work or something, I need to make this happen.

So what's new on the docket for 2015?  Have a look.

1. Read 215 books - I know, I know: this seems insane.  And it is.  Just so we're on the same page.
2. Read at least 15 books considered Classical Fiction
3. Finish the Sookie Stackhouse series
4. Finish The Magicians series
5. Finish The Spook's Apprentice series
6. Begin The Wheel of Time series
7. Read all books gifted to you
8. Read more books than you buy
9. Finish The Sandman series

It doesn't appear too challenging, right?  I have a list of books in my notebook of other books I definitely want to knock out this year, but the above series take priority.  It has taken me too long.

These are my current goals for the year!  I may add a few more over the next few days.  Also, if these don't make any sense to you, check out my blog post for my 2014 reading goals and that should clear up any confusion.

What goals have you set for yourself this year?  I'd love to hear them!

Have a lovely day, and thanks for reading!

- Jess



No comments:

Post a Comment