Sunday, January 4, 2015

Bout of Books 12.0 Read-A-Thon

Good evening, folks!

It's time for another Bout of Books Read-A-Thon!  Are you excited?  I hope so, because I certainly am!



The read-a-thon begins tomorrow January 5th and lasts the entire week, ending on Sunday, January 11th.

The read-a-thon is a little different this year - no goals, at least not officially.  The folks over at B.o.B. have decided to encourage us to read without creating negativity that stems from failure to reach reading goals.  You can set your own personal reading goals, but officially there will be none.  Just read!  It's that simple.

What am I reading this week?  I'm not exactly sure at the moment.  I'm tending bar five days this week, I currently have ten animals, I run a non-profit, and I photograph the animals at our local animal shelter twice a week which usually take all day to edit.

But I will make time to read.  I must, for I am a reader and it is my duty! (Or something)

Here's what I'm currently reading, and what I am likely to continue slowly combing through this week:

1. Elizabeth Barrett Browning: Selected Poems


2. The Collected Poems of Emily Dickinson


I am also hoping to start:

3. Uglies by Scott Westerfeld





That's all I have planned for now, but we will see where the wind takes me and what mood I'm in this week.  The moon is full, the air is crisp; who knows what could happen?

Happy reading!

- Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment